The Department of Human Resources contracts with agencies throughout the state to provide training that allows child care providers to meet the Minimum Standards requirements for pre-service and annual training. These agencies also provide training that assists child care providers in achieving goals such as obtaining the Child Development Associate (CDA) credential and receiving national accreditation.
Below is a list of Targeted Quality Enhancement Services agencies, which provide statewide coverage for various training, technical assistance and coaching/mentoring initiatives.
- Alabama Department of Education
- Alabama Public Television
- Alabama Department of Public Health, Healthy Child Care Alabama
- Auburn University – Afterschool Quality Standards
- Auburn University, Family Child Care Partnerships Project
- Challenging Behaviors Project – Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education
- Family Guidance Center of Alabama – Kids & Kin
- Healthy Child Care Alabama
- Strengthening Families – Alabama Partnership for Children
- United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville and Tennessee Valley
- Help Me Grow Alabama
- Quorum E-learning for Providers