- Through its 67 County Offices, Adult Protective Services (APS) investigates reports of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of the elderly and disabled, 18 years of age or older who are unable to protect their own interests. The Department prevents and remedies abuse, neglect and exploitation through direct delivery and arrangement of services.
- The Adult Protective Services Division provides consultation and policy interpretation to County Offices.
- Staff of the Adult Protective Services Division are responsible for developing policy, developing and reviewing legislation impacting adult and disabled individuals, and developing and coordinating training for Adult Protective Services staff.
- The Adult Protective Services Division also develops proposed budgets for the Adult Services program, allocates certain services to County Departments and coordinates program development with other Divisions and agencies to meet the needs of elderly and disabled individuals.
- The Adult Protective Services Division staffs the Adult Abuse Hotline (1-800-458-7214). It is staffed during regular workdays and hours, but is accessible twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- APS staff develops funding and service delivery programs.
- The Adult Foster Care Recruitment Hotline (1-866-425-5437) is also staffed during regular workdays and hours. This number is accessible seven (7) days a week.
Adult Foster Care Online Inquiry Form