You must file an application in the county where you live or online. You may call or write the local Food Assistance Office and an application will be sent to you or come into the office and get an application and complete it while you are there. You may also print an application from this website, Food Assistance Division, complete it, fax, mail, or take the signed application to your county Food Assistance Office for processing. Once you have filed the application, you will be given or mailed an appointment for an interview with a worker.