The Office of Residential Licensing Unit is responsible for the following functions:
- Monitors and license residential child care facilities (child care facilities, group homes, and shelters and child placing agencies for compliance with minimum standards).
- Completes site visits to verify compliance with Minimum Standards for Child Care Facilities, Minimum Standards for Child Placing Agencies, Minimum Standards for Foster Family Homes, and Therapeutic Foster Care Manual.
- Coordinates the Rapid Response Team (RRT) to conduct investigation of concerns, allegations, or complaints of providers.
- Provides consultation to prospective and existing child care providers.
- Provides support services and technical assistance to county and State Department of Human Resources staff.
- Interprets Minimum Standards for child care facilities and child placing agencies.
- Enter and update provider information in the Family, Adult and Child Tracking System (FACTS)Contact Information
Phone: (334) 242-1650
Fax: (334) 353-2693