Vista en Española  |   Home  |   Counties  |   Contact Us  |   Search
Child Abuse/Neglect Reporting

Report Child Abuse and Neglect to Your County Department of Human Resources
(County Contact Information)

The number of children reported as abused or neglected has increased dramatically in Alabama. Your help is needed to ensure that these children receive adequate protection and services.

Please call your County Department of Human Resources or local law enforcement agency to report suspected abuse or neglect. Do not send reports of suspected abuse or neglect via email.

Alabama law is clear on reporting abuse and neglect of children under the age of 18. If you are someone who comes in regular contact with children - – physician, a teacher, social worker, nurse, or day care worker, for example – you should be aware of your legal obligation to report incidents of suspected or obvious child abuse or neglect. If you are a concerned citizen, neighbor, friend or family member who is aware of such incidents, you should make a report to those who can take action.

Frequently Asked Questions
Child Abuse/Neglect